Garda is a commune on the shore of Lake Garda, in the province of Verona, region of Veneto, Northeastern Italy.
It is one of the more characteristic towns on the east Coast of the homonymous biggest lake in Italy: the Lake of Garda. Garda is only 32 km from the city of Verona, and is one of the smallest towns in the whole province.
The old village of Garda: narrow streets where you can walk between the promenade, Villa Albertini (16th century), the Captain’s Palace which is a Venetian Palace (14th century), Villa Carlotti and the 18th century church dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.
The old Rock
The old Rock of Garda: it stands 300 mt over the town and offers to visitors a wonderful sight over the whole lake, over the same rise it is located the 15th century Carmelite monastery.
San Vigilio: The name of the village comes from Saint Vigilius (San Vigilio), the Bishop of Trento from 385 to 402 A.D. It became famous in 1540 when Agostino Brenzoni built his villa within a small park. Many famous people have stayed at the Brenzoni Villa. The peninsula of San Vigilio, on which the villa formerly stood, was described by Riccardo Bacchelli as “the most radiant, airy place.” The villa was built in the 16th century for Count Agostino Brenzoni and the designer was Michele Sammicheli(1484-1559).